Thursday, May 17, 2007

I Love the Smell of Commerce in the Morning

I love bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation. I love it so much that I can’t stop telling anyone who will listen about the makeup’s silky, feather-light, and yet complete, coverage. The makeup will revolutionize your morning routine forever and I’ve recently turned a handful of friends into believers.

According to the smart folks over at the Church of the Customer Blog, I am a customer evangelist—someone who is so thrilled about their experience with a product or service that they wholeheartedly support the company.

In Creating Customer Evangelists: How Loyal Customers Become a Volunteer Sales Force, bloggers and authors Ben McConnell and Jackie Huba outline the value of building strong customer relationships along with six basic elements of creating customer evangelists.

Creating advocates takes more than just a good product (although, that’s a good place to start). It takes brand loyalty, open dialogue, addressing customer feedback and improving product quality.

A front-page story in a prominent newspaper or product endorsement by an afternoon talk show diva might prompt me to put on my consumerism hat and head to the mall, but in the end, I still trust a good friend with a stellar word of mouth recommendation.

We might not be friends (yet), but bareMinerals is great. You should try it.

- Michelle

(nod to Mallrats for the title)

2 comments:

Heron Calisch-Dolen said...

Hey Michelle, its Heron. I am also a bare minerals freak! I was converted by one roommate and together we have converted our other two. I will never go back to liquid or cream foundation, yuck! Its products like this that help infomercials to hold onto their last thread of trust, in my book anyway.

Verve In Bloom said...

My shipment just came in the mail yesterday. And considering that both of you have flawless skin, I'm assuming I made the right decision. - Kelli